Our member value is delivered through education, resources and networking. In addition to what the national organization provides, each of our chapters delivers additional exclusive benefits to its members.
Our mission is to enhance the knowledge and expertise of government meeting professionals. Our objectives are to improve the quality and promote the cost-effectiveness of government meetings. The SGMP membership experience is delivered through education, resources and networking.
Our chapters play a significant part of the SGMP experience as the face of our Society since chapter affiliation is available to every member at no additional charge. In addition to what the national organization provides, all chapter members receive additional member benefits exclusively through that chapter.
- Live webinars held throughout the year - previous topics include crowd control, SAM management, site selection, global business etiquette, and more.
- The "CGMP" designation — the highest available specifically for government meeting professionals — is available exclusively to SGMP members.
- More than eight (8) hours of educational sessions for Contact Hour credits at SGMP's National Education Conference.
- Chapter Benefit: Monthly chapter meetings that feature different topics and speakers, often for Contact Hour credit.
- Complimentary subscription to Government Connections magazine, SGMP’s flagship publication.
- Complimentary subscription to the weekly electronic newsletter, The SGMP Link.
- Access to the SGMP website that features relevant and timely information in a user-friendly format.
- The Online Suppliers Guide, offering planners a searchable database of supplier partners and suppliers an opportunity for exposure to planners everywhere.
- Immediate email updates of pertinent and timely industry information.
- The NEC Expo Trade Show which brings suppliers and planners together specific to government meetings.
- Chapter Benefit: Additional websites for chapter events, members, and resources specific to each SGMP chapter.
- Chapter Benefit: Chapter meetings to showcase conference facilities and services.
- Chapter Benefit: Chapter newsletters deliver both national and chapter information.
- Electronic membership directory to stay connected 24/7 to other SGMP members.
- Social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Receptions and general sessions at the NEC to connect and reconnect with fellow members.
- Chapter Benefit: Chapter meetings to build relationships with new and current members.
We are always working to enhance and expand the member benefits supporting our mission and objectives. Our focus is on education. You will continue to see enhancements to the quality and quantity of the government meetings education we deliver to our members across the country and via the internet.
SGMP is the only national organization in the U.S. dedicated exclusively to government meetings.