- A new webinar, “Recognizing the Impact of Unconscious and Implicit Bias” with Sharon Delvisco, will be offered to members on July 30, 2020, at 1:00 pm ET. Achieved
- In August 2020, we will rebroadcast a webinar, “Inclusive Meeting Design” with Antwone Stigall, CMP, DES, and hold a discussion session afterwards. Achieved
- We will continue to share programs educating our members about inclusivity, diversity, bias and non-discrimination. Achieved and Continuing
- The Impact of Unconscious Bias on Organizational Inclusion, Presentation by Dr. Tyrone Holmes - Original webcast December 17, 2020
- Making Diversity a Priority in the Meetings Industry, Presentation by LaToya Williams - Original webcast October 20, 2020
- Recordings of the above sessions are available online. Future sessions are planned for webinars and 2021 NEC.
- We will re-evaluate our core educational competencies, ethics statements and overall policies to ensure SGMP is inclusive, non-discriminatory and supports efforts against social injustice. In Progress
- SGMP's Core Competencies were updated in 2020 and the following is included in the Education and Programming Core Competency: Diversity: Understand and appreciate racial, cultural, gender, sexual orientation, and age differences in the selection of program content and speakers to better reflect and accommodate attendees.
- See below for volunteers needed for the DEI Task Force.
- We will create a working group to determine ways for SGMP to actively increase diversity amongst our national and chapter leadership positions. In Progress
- We have been working on putting together the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Task Force and now are calling for volunteers who can help us continue SGMP's journey. A National Board liaison will work with volunteers to review SGMP's policies, bylaws, practices and to increase diversity among our national and chapter leaders.
- As a member of this task force, you will have the opportunity on a national level to help steer the Society in our quest to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Volunteers will meet bi-weekly to review policies, bylaws, ethics, etc. and make recommendations for changes to the National Board by December 31, 2021. I know this might sound like administrative work; however, we need the diversity and expertise of our membership to achieve this worthy goal. Will you join us?