Alternative Recertification Program
The CGMP Alternative Recertification Program is a simple, self-study program. This program is available to members who hold their CGMP but have not been able to recertify by earning the required 15 contact hours during the 3-year period.
Policy GI-11, dated March 2017; updated October 2019 (to view the updated Policy, click here)
- You must be a member of SGMP in good standing.
- You must apply to participate in the alternative recertification within 30 days from the expiration date of your certification.
- The cost of the alternative recertification program is $250, due at the time of registration. This includes the updated CGMP Handbook, the current Power Point slides, and the examination.
- This is a self -study program and does not involve any classroom activity.
- The alternative recertification examination will be offered every two months. You must schedule the examination within 6 months of registering for the program. You will be notified of the month of the examination.
- Upon successful completion of the exam, your certification is good for 3 years from your most recent expiration date.
- If you do not pass the exam, you will be able to re-test one time within 30 days of the examination for a $50 re-test fee.
- This is a one-time opportunity; if your certification lapses again, you must re-take the CGMP class and examination.
If you are interested in applying for the program or want more information, please email email@example.com.