Top Young Professionals Under 37
The Society of Government Meeting Professionals (SGMP) is seeking nominations of the brightest and most distinguished Young Professionals Under 37. This is a great opportunity to identify outstanding young, government meeting professionals who have high potential for leadership and success in the field.
The Top Young Professionals under 37 honorees will be spotlighted in the fall 2019 issue of Government Connections Magazine and recognized during Government Meeting Professionals Month and at the 2020 NEC, the Society’s annual conference.
Nominations will open on May 1, 2019 and close on August 1, 2019. To download a nomination form click here. Send any questions to email@example.com.
- Nominee must be 36 years of age or younger at the time of the award October 1, 2019
- Nominee must be employed within the government meeting industry. (Planner or Supplier)
- Nominee must be an active SGMP member and nominated by an SGMP member in good standing.
- Nominee must have displayed leadership skills in their chapter.
- Nominee must have contributed to the growth of their community.
- Nominee must not have received the Top Young Professional Under 37 distinction previously.
- A panel of industry professionals appointed by SGMP will review and decide on honorees.
- Honorees will be spotlighted in the fall/winter 2019 issue of Government Connections Magazine, recognized during Government Meetings Professionals Month and the 2020 NEC.
Each Top Young Professionals Under 37 nominee will be asked to answer the following questions for their spotlight and provide a high-resolution headshot in digital format for publication if chosen as one of the Top Young Professionals Under 37:
- Who/What influenced you to get involved in the government meeting industry?
- Share an accomplishment that you are very proud of... OR Share your most unique experience as a meeting professional.
- How would you prepare for the future success of the government meeting industry?
In celebration of 37 years, the Society of Government Meeting Professionals launched the Top Young Professionals Under 37 in 2018. This program was designed to recognize emerging talent with proven leadership skills, government meetings experience, and high potential for advancing the Society’s reach and mission to enhance and promote the expertise of government meeting professionals. Contact Marie Arighi at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Read more about the 2018 honorees and come meet them at 2019 NEC.