How to Join as a Supplier
40th Anniversary Membership Rates
To celebrate SGMP’s 40th Anniversary coming up in 2021, we are offering special membership rates from now until June 30, 2021, for new and renewal memberships. Supplier annual membership rate is $350, compared to the regular rate of $400.
40th Anniversary Rate: $350
Companies or individuals who provide facilities and services to government or contract planners outside of direct assistance in the planning and implementation of meetings. [Supplier members are paid by agencies/planners. Hotels, speakers, audio/visual companies, decorators, CVBs, etc. are supplier members.]
Multiple Supplier Representatives
After purchasing first membership at full price, a supplier company may purchase a second and/or third membership with the same chapter affiliation at $250 each (a savings of $100 each for the second and third membership). This specific membership discount program is capped at three (3) memberships per participating company.
Supplier representatives participating in this membership program must work at the same physical location. The multiple supplier representative discount does not apply to hotel brands.
Once registered for desired chapters, please contact email@example.com for adjustment on invoices.
After purchasing first membership at full price, a supplier company’s representative may purchase additional chapter affiliations at $250.00 each (a savings of $100 each for the second and third chapter affiliation). The named representative must be the same person for the second and third chapter affiliations.
In compliance with Membership Policy M-2, a planner match may be required with chapter affiliations.
Once registered, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for adjustments on your account.
Planner-Supplier Match Program
Some SGMP chapters currently require a supplier to have a planner match before joining the chapter. The chapters with this requirement are listed below. If you are joining one of the chapters with this requirement, please enter your planner match in the field on the online application or on the paper form provided to you by your chapter.
|Not Participating in the Planner-Supplier Match Program||Participating in the Planner-Supplier Match Program|
|Central Florida||North Carolina||Michigan|
|Florida Capital||Oklahoma||Northern Lights|
|Georgia Peach||Old Dominion||Pacific Northwest|
|Golden State||Rocket City Alabama||Rocky Mountain|
|Greater Oregon||San Antonio Alamo|
|Missouri State Capital||Texas Lone Star Capital|
If the chapter you are joining is participating in the Planner-Supplier Match program, the supplier membership application MUST include the planner's name in the correct box as part of the online application. If you are joining the chapter without a planner match, please note you will be placed in the At Large chapter of SGMP until a planner has been matched with you. Please contact email@example.com with specific questions regarding your match and application. There is no deadline by which an appropriately-matched supplier application must be received by SGMP headquarters after the planner application. An inappropriately-matched supplier application will always be deemed incomplete. A supplier cannot pay the dues for his or her's planner match. Each member must arrange for payment of their own dues.
Supplier applications will be processed after the planner match application (where applicable) is processed per the policies below. If the planner match’s application is not received at SGMP headquarters, the supplier application will not be processed and will be returned. In the case where a supplier application is returned, any corresponding planner match application will be processed (so the supplier applicant will have to find another planner match and resubmit that application).
Each of the following requirements must be met by the supplier applicant. Failure to adhere to all of these requirements will result in the immediate return of the membership material(s):
- The payment for each membership must be included with each application (a corporate check that does NOT include either an application or a specific reference to the individual applicant's name will be returned immediately).
- The "Name of Planner Match" field on a supplier application must include the name of its planner match applicant.
- A supplier application must note the same chapter as its planner match application.
Tips for Finding a Planner Match
We recommend three options for supplier applicants to research to find an eligible planner match.
- Solicit government professionals involved in meetings previously who have used the location or services you represent.
- Attend a local chapter meeting to network with non-member planner guests.
- Contact the membership chair of the chapter you wish to join to see if they have any knowledge of planners interested in or intending to join that chapter.
- Incomplete or illegible applications will be returned. There is a $40 returned check fee.
- Be sure to select the chapter with which you wish to affiliate on your application.
- Current or past planner members are not eligible to re-join along with a supplier as their “match” until their membership has lapsed for 12 months.
- Federal government employees operate under ethics rules that do not allow them to accept membership as a gift.