Training via Webinars
SGMP and the Gilmer Institute of Learning offer exclusive webinars, at no charge, to SGMP members as a membership benefit. Members are welcome to attend the live webinar or watch the recording online. These high-quality industry education opportunities are eligible for pre-approved Contact Hour credits toward CGMP recertification.
Log into the website in order to access registration for live webinars. Recorded versions are also available after the conclusion of the live event. Log-in to see the full list.
Upcoming Live Events:The SGMP National Board has returned SGMP educational webinars to a complimentary benefit of membership, meaning free registration to our members, beginning with our November 19th webinar on "A Way Forward" with Michael Dominguez, President and CEO of ALHI. Non-members can join for $20 per webinar. There are two webinars per month; that is a savings of $20/month when you attend both as a member. It is also a great opportunity for chapters to hold their own online or conference call discussion sessions with their chapter members immediately after the webinars.
- New Date: Thursday, July 22, 2021, at 1:00 pm EDT | 12:00 pm CDT | 11:00 am MDT | 10:00 am PDT: Nightmare on WiFi Street - Kathleen O'Dell
Ready to View On-Demand:
- Generation We: Understanding Each Generation's Strengths - Lee Silber
- Pandemic Compliance Advisor - Jodi B. Katzman
- Job Search Series #5 - Virtual Interviewing - Alan De Back
- Job Search Series #4 - Building a Resume that Gets You the Interview - Travis Koehler
- Job Search Series #3 - Decoding the Federal Job Announcement - R. Anne Hull
- Job Search Series #2: Shift Your Skills and Re-Invent Your Career - R. Anne Hull
- How Government Meeting Planners Successfully Adapt to COVID and Plan for the Post-COVID Recovery - Dr. Gleb Tsipursky
- Job Search Series #1: Job Searching in the Age of COVID - Marshall Brown
- The Impact of Unconscious Bias on Organizational Inclusion - Dr. Tyrone Holmes
- Wellness in the Storm - John Ayo
- The Way Forward - Michael Dominguez
- Marvelous Meetings – The Virtual Edition: Creating Cybertastic Events! - Edward Leigh
- Making Diversity a Priority in the Meetings Industry - LaToya Williams
- Let's Get Rid of the COVID Blues - Dr. Dale Henry
- How to Turn This Setback Into an Incredible Comeback - Dr. Willie Jolley
- War of Attrition: Tips for How to Come Out Unscathed - Brett Sterenson
- Rebroadcast on Inclusive Meeting Design - Antwone Stigall, CMP, DES
- Marketing: It Doesn't Have to Break Your Budget - Debra Burton Brown
- Recognizing the Impact of Unconscious and Implicit Bias - Sharon Delvisco
- The Meeting Industry Survival Guide: How to Transition from In-Person Meetings to Virtual Events - Ron Rosenberg
- Back to Face-to-Face Protocol - Kathleen Ryan, CGMP and Brittany Callahan, CGMP
- Conversations that Convert: Strategies to Influence and Persuade – Shakira M. Brown
- Staying Productive in a VUCA World – Darrell Hammond, Sr.
- Inclusive Meeting Design – Antwone Stigall, CMP, DES
- Event Technology Trends in 2020 - Lindsay Martin-Bilbrey, CMP
- How To Get Hotels To Say Yes To Your Business - Brett Sterenson
- Winning Government Contracts and beta.SAM.gov - Chris McLaughlin, CGMP
- Email Extinguisher: Simple Steps to Shrink the Inbox – Marcey Rader
- Planners & Suppliers: Moving from Transactional Focused Sales to Partnership – Betsy Bondurant, CMM, CTE
- Crowd Control and Evacuation Plans – Angela Mens-Eastman
- Budget-Driven Meeting Planning: Contracts, Expenses, and Your Career - Janeé Pelletier, MBA, CMP, DES,
- Winning Government Groups and the System for Award Management (SAM) – Chris McLaughlin, CGMP
- Problem-Solving Skills That Make Sense – Vanessa Womack
- Global Business Etiquette – Kathleen Ryan, CGMP
- Site Selection and Safety – Alan Kleinfeld
- Hiring Home Run Speakers and Trainers on a Shoestring Budget – Andy Masters
- Setting Boundaries – 3 Keys for Dealing with Difficult People – Jan Spence
To received contact hour credit, please click here for the SurveyMonkey Webinar Viewing Documentation The survey allows you to document up to three (3) webinars. After you have completed the survey and click DONE, the survey will be submitted to email@example.com
Click here to view the 2020 NEC Virtual education sessions.
Our face-to-face education opportunities include education sessions, local chapter-hosted monthly meetings, and the SGMP National Education Conference & Expo.