Training via Webinars
SGMP and the Gilmer Institute of Learning offer exclusive webinars, at no charge, to SGMP members as a membership benefit. Members are welcome to attend the live webinar or watch the recording online. These high-quality industry education opportunities are eligible for pre-approved Contact Hour credits toward CGMP recertification.
Log into the website in order to access registration for live webinars. Recorded versions are also available after the conclusion of the live event. Log-in to see the full list.
Upcoming Live Events:To offset organizational expenses and provide quality continual education, some SGMP webinars will cost a nominal fee. Members can join for $10 and non-members can join for $20, payable by credit card.
- Thursday, August 13, 2020, at 1 pm EDT - Marketing: It Doesn't Have to Break Your Budget
Ready to View On-Demand:
- The Meeting Industry Survival Guide: How to Transition from In-Person Meetings to Virtual Events - Ron Rosenberg
- Back to Face-to-Face Protocol - Kathleen Ryan, CGMP and Brittany Callahan, CGMP
- Conversations that Convert: Strategies to Influence and Persuade – Shakira M. Brown
- Staying Productive in a VUCA World – Darrell Hammond, Sr.
- Inclusive Meeting Design – Antwone Stigall, CMP, DES
- Event Technology Trends in 2020 - Lindsay Martin-Bilbrey, CMP
- How To Get Hotels To Say Yes To Your Business - Brett Sterenson
- Winning Government Contracts and beta.SAM.gov - Chris McLaughlin, CGMP
- Email Extinguisher: Simple Steps to Shrink the Inbox – Marcey Rader
- Planners & Suppliers: Moving from Transactional Focused Sales to Partnership – Betsy Bondurant, CMM, CTE
- Crowd Control and Evacuation Plans – Angela Mens-Eastman
- Budget-Driven Meeting Planning: Contracts, Expenses, and Your Career - Janeé Pelletier, MBA, CMP, DES,
- Winning Government Groups and the System for Award Management (SAM) – Chris McLaughlin, CGMP
- Problem-Solving Skills That Make Sense – Vanessa Womack
- Global Business Etiquette – Kathleen Ryan, CGMP
- Site Selection and Safety – Alan Kleinfeld
- Hiring Home Run Speakers and Trainers on a Shoestring Budget – Andy Masters
- Setting Boundaries – 3 Keys for Dealing with Difficult People – Jan Spence
To received contact hour credit, please download and complete the documentation form. Submit the form to Garland Preddy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the 2020 NEC Virtual education sessions.
Our face-to-face education opportunities include education sessions, local chapter-hosted monthly meetings, and the SGMP National Education Conference & Expo.